Dr. Glenn Lipson is an internationally recognized expert in Forensic Psychology based in San Diego, California. He translates psychological research into actionable, evidence-based practices that significantly reduce violence in our communities he partners. Dr. Lipson has spent three decades tackling violence from all fronts in the prevention, intervention, and prosecution of violent crimes. He works with criminal and civil courts, the district attorneys, law enforcement agencies, schools, and in civil cases where there were claims of abuse by such individuals as the clergy, teachers, boy scouts, and medical professionals. As an expert witness, speaker, trainer and advisor, he has testified in court marshals, regulatory hearings and submitted briefs through counsel to the United States Supreme Court.
He has testified and provided training in the areas of bullying, sexaul misconduct, and harrassment. As a Subject Matter Expert, he is working with Bridg-It, developing online assessment measures, restorative practices, reporting approaches and courses. He volunteers with organizations like Community Matters to empower youth voice.
Dr. Lipson is also the founder of MRC (Making Right Choices) a company that offers courses on both the ethical and boundary violations that lead to misconduct. Other courses are on head injury, suicide prevention, and mandated reporting.
He manages as a volunteer the NASDTEC (National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification), an academy designed for preventing and correcting misconduct.
Dr. Glenn Lipson’s Achievements
- Submitted a brief in the United States Supreme Court case of Harper v Poway.
- A credited co-author of the Association of Threat Assessment Professionals Risk Assessment Guidelines for Evaluation of Violence (RAGE-V).
- Assessed officers for suitability of undercover work.
- Assessed serial killers.
- Testified in high profile civil and criminal cases, evaluating both survivors and perpetrators.
- Intervened in critical workplace situations.
- Worked with law enforcement and prosecution to prevent crime.
- As a Red Cross volunteer in Disaster Mental Health Services has debriefed responders to September 11, school shootings, wildfires and other incidents. He is also part of Services to the Armed Forces (SAF).
- Provided professional assessments as an expert witness in civil, employment and abuse litigation.
- Expertise includes stalking, malpractice, critical incidents, and risk assessment.
An Effort To End Violence
In 2008, his involvement as an expert in employee misconduct cases resulted in an offer to create online misconduct prevention courses for schools. SELF JPA, a major excess liability carrier in the State of California, has endorsed these courses. More information about this collaborative endeavor may be found at Making Right Choices.
Dr. Glenn Lipson’s work in the area of risk management and employee health led to an opportunity to assemble a group that created prevention and correction courses that are now offered through the NASDTEC Academy. His most recent work with law enforcement involves creating protocols for obtaining digital evidence in threat assessment cases. This multidisciplinary team has prevented acs of violence. He has presented on how social media contributes to sexual assault for the US Army (SHARP).
Past Clients Highlights of Dr. Glenn Lipson
- The San Diego District Attorney’s office
- The United States Postal Service
- The United States Department of Defense
- COX Communications
- Kaiser Permanente
- California School Risk Management JPA
- San Diego County Risk Management JPA
Current Team Engagements
- San Diego County Risk Management JPA
Memberships in Professional Societies
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- APA Division Memberships: Clinical, American Psychology-Law Society, Psychoanalysis State Psychological Associations in California
- National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology, No. 41106
- Society for Personality Assessment
- American Group Psychotherapy Association
- The American Board of Forensic Psychology
- San Diego Psychological Association, Forensic Committees
- The Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards (CPQ No. 225)
- The Association of Threat Assessment Professionals (ATAP)
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP)