Dr. Glenn Lipson is a full Professor and Program Director at Alliant International University’s California School of Forensic Studies. Dr. Lipson has achieved Diplomate status in Forensic Psychology through the American Board of Forensic Psychology, part of the American Board of Professional Psychology. His work often involves high profile cases, starting with his Doctoral Dissertation on the impact on law enforcement of the San Ysidro Massacre. His specialties include all forms of employee/employer concerns including risk management and fitness for duty evaluations.
For decades he has been doing presentations both nationally and internationally, including New Scotland Yard, England and the Ontario College of Teachers, Canada.
Dr. Glenn Lipson’s Career Highlights
- Submitted a brief in the United States Supreme Court case of Harper v Poway.
- A credited author of the Association of Threat Assessment Professionals Risk Assessment Guidelines for Evaluation of Violence (RAGE-V).
- Assesses officers for suitability of undercover work.
- Has assessed serial killers, determining the presence of mitigating factors.
- Testifies in high profile civil and criminal cases, evaluating both victims and perpetrators.
- Intervenes in critical workplace situations.
- Sits with District Attorneys, providing information to assist a determination regarding whether or not to seek the death penalty.
- As a Red Cross volunteer in Disaster Mental Health Services has debriefed responders to September 11, school shootings, wildfires and other incidents.
- Provides professional assessments as an expert witness in civil, employment and abuse litigation.
- Expertise includes stalking, malpractice, critical incidents, and risk assessment.
An Effort To End Violence
In 2008, his involvement as an expert in employee misconduct cases resulted in an offer to create online misconduct prevention courses for schools. SELF JPA, a major excess liability carrier in the State of California, has endorsed these courses. More information about this collaborative endeavor may be found at Making Right Choices.
Dr. Glenn Lipson’s work in the area of risk management and employee health led to an opportunity to assemble a group that created prevention and correction courses that are now offered through the NASDTEC Academy. His most recent work with law enforcement involves creating protocols for obtaining digital evidence in threat assessment cases. It is being spearheaded by the San Diego Attorney’s office and will be presented to the public and law enforcement professionals at the End Violence Against Women Conference International in March 2016.
In addition, Dr. Lipson’s has assisted in quantitative research as a doctoral dissertation chair or committee member. Such projects include assessing the emotional impact of terrorism by creating the “TEAM” instrument, looking into psychopathy and competency, the impact of the age of sex offender on juries, risk factors for the loss of parental rights and much more. He works with different prominent national and international security firms in cases involving threat management. He has assisted Abila Security and Investigations, not only in threat assessment cases but also in the prevention of college and school violence.
Clients of Dr. Glenn Lipson
- The San Diego District Attorney’s office
- The United States Postal Service
- The United States Department of Defense
- COX Communications
- Kaiser Permanente